Friday, September 14, 2012

September 14, 2012


1 Corinthians 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Personal Challenge...

In light of this week's events (the release of a film slandering Islam and the following response that took innocent lives) I was moved by this verse to ask myself a question, "Am I a fool for Christ? Am I willing to defend and proclaim the message of the Cross even unto my death?" I do not condone either of the actions in this chain of events, but I am moved to assess my own commitment to my God and what He has done to save mankind, which includes me. Am I willing to be a radical for Him as those whom we often condemn are for their beliefs? Would I be willing to walk up to a man with a bomb strapped around himself and give him a hug in the name of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment