Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012


Galatians 6:2-5

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load.

Personal Challenge...

Christianity is an active faith that produces works that glorify God and touch the lives of those around us. I am reminded by these verses to examine my life, my relationships with my loved ones, my actions around my coworkers, even my thoughts about those whom God has placed in my life, and whether or not I am doing what I do for my God. Or, as is far more often the case, am I looking out for my own interests? The study Bible that I am using explains these verses this way:

     "Paul admonishes us to bear one another's burdens. But moments later, he notes
     that “each one shall bear his own load” (v. 5). Both are true. We are called to
     initiate caregiving in the Church, and not to be needless burdens to others."

I like how this points out that we are responsible for our actions, our works, but that responsibility comes in the context of the Church, our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment