Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

Genesis 1:5b, 8b, 13, 19, 23, 31b

...and there was evening and morning, one day.

Encouraging Words...

Today is the first full day of Lent and where do the scripture readings take us? Back to our beginnings. In Genesis, the beginning of creation...our existence. In Proverbs, the beginning of our journey into wisdom. In Isaiah, the beginning of a prophetic representation of our redeeming salvation through the coming of our King. Yesterday I was listening to a story on NPR talking about where scientists have still not figured out why we sleep. There are no real answers according to them. A lot of guesses, but no answers. And here in Genesis we see that after every phase of creation process God saw that it was good..."and there was evening and morning, one day." We sleep because God made His creation so that it would rest. But that is not good enough for the scientists. It is not good enough to put our trust, my trust, in God and accept that He knows more and that there is this great mystery around me. One that I do not have to understand, because understanding it doesn't make it any different, but one that exercises my faith. A faith that grows as I trust my God more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment