Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19, 2013

We have a choice.


Wisdom of Sirach 7:1-3 LXX

Do no evil things,
And evil will never overtake you.
Stay away from wrongdoing,
And it will turn away from you.
My son, do not sow on the furrows of wrongdoing,
And you will not reap the same things sevenfold.

Personal Challenge...

God created me with free will, the ability to choose between good and evil, sin and righteousness. I cannot blame my sin on anything other than my choice, even though I live in a fallen and broken world. Through God's grace He has not only provided a way to have my sins forgiven (Jesus), but He has also provided a Helper to me so that I can choose not to sin any more (Holy Spirit). But once again, I must choose to submit to His guidance and be obedient. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment