Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5, 2016

UNDERSTANDING THE MYSTERIES


Deuteronomy 29:28

The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Encouraging Words

Once again, I am reminded that God is God and I am not. God is eternal, I am finite. He is omniscient, I am so very limited in my sphere of influence. He is omnipotent, I am frail and feeble. And the list goes on and on. However, God in His divine wisdom has allowed us, His created children, to know so e of His mysteries. He has done that through His Son, the living Word, through writings and teaching of those who have gone before us, through our traditions, and many other ways. But there is so much more that He has not revealed because we do not need it. This drives us to faith, to trust in Him, to say each time we participate in our liturgy, "I believe...". God knows those things that are mysteries to us and I am happy knowing that. He will reveal to me what He thinks I need to know. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment