Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2016

LOVING SOMETIMES MEANS LETTING GO


1 Samuel 2:1-2 (1 Kingdoms 2:1-2 LXX)


And she (Hannah) said:
"My heart is strengthened in the Lord;
My horn is exalted in my God.
I smile at my enemies;
I rejoice in Your salvation.
Because no one is holy like the Lord,
No one is righteous like our God,
No one is holy but You."

Personal Challenge

Hannah is such a great example of a godly person who has been waiting for all of her life for a special gift from God, a child. And when she finally gets her prayers answered in her old age she immediately vows to give her child back to God. Shortly after her son Samuel was weaned and able to walk she took him to the temple and gave him over to the priests to raise him as a man of God. I have never been a mother, but as a father, I know how much I love my children and how much I miss them now that they are adults and off raising their own families. I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for Hannah to let her son go. This act shows how much she loved her God. Sometimes God lovingly answers our prayers just long enough for us to feel His love and to give us a chance to give back from the answered prayer so that we can also experience the act of loving Him. Sometimes this means letting our children go.

No comments:

Post a Comment