Sunday, October 16, 2016

October 16, 2016

GREETING ANOTHER IN LOVE


Numbers 6:24-26

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be merciful to you;
the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.” ’ ”

Personal Challenge

There used to be a day when the greeting and the salutation that was given to another was very important as a part of the relationship. We have lost that in our day of busy-ness and instant gratification. I know that I am guilty of this. I often give the very brief and often times disinterested, "Hello!" hoping that the other person will do the same so that we can both get on with our lives. However, if I am expected to love my neighbor and put their needs above my own, then maybe what God wants me to do is to take the time to truly engage with the other person and show them that they are important. This means that I have to set my own agenda aside. It means that I most be sincerely interested in them and their lives. It means that I will have to slow down and give time to those around me. Wow! Am I ready to do this? Am I willing to? Only by the grace of God and with His help. What a difference there would be in our world if those of us who profess Jesus as our Lord would begin to live our lives this way. Lord, help me to show your love this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment