Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 6, 2016

ENTERING THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN


Matthew 7:21

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

Personal Challenge

Once again, Jesus reminds us that Christianity is not a "name it and claim it" religion or philosophy. I am not necessarily a true follower of Christ just because I know the right vocabulary and proclaim that I am a Christian. Is there true evidence in my life, what is often called fruit, that shows that I am doing the will of God. Am I showing love to my neighbor as well as my enemy? Am I actively reaching out to the hungry, the poor, the widow, and the orphan and giving of myself and of my possessions so that they can be lifted up. God does not want all of us to be martyrs and go to our physical death, but He does want us to be willing to do that for Him and for those whom He has lovingly created in His image. This becomes so much more than just calling out "Lord, Lord?" and expecting God to grant us everything that we want in this life and the life to come. God Wants me to be an active participate and distributor of His love for mankind. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have Mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment