Thursday, October 20, 2016

October 20, 2016

HE IS OUR FOUNDATION


Psalms 18:1-3 (17:2-4 LX)

thus he (David) said:
"I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my foundation, my refuge, my deliverer;
My God is my helper, on Him I will hope,
My champion, the horn of my salvation, and my protector.
I will call upon the Lord and praise Him,
And I shall be saved from my enemies."

Encouraging Words

Even though this passage uses the words "I" and "my" a lot, the psalmist, king David, is not spouting off about all of the things that he is going to do, or has already done. He is proclaiming how much his God, our God, has been there for him. Our God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, is our strength in every situation. He is our foundation, our refuge, and our deliver. What was true for David can be true for us. God is a helper in whom we can put all of our hope and trust. And as we put more of our hope and trust in Him, We will clearly see how He is our champion, the horn of our salvation, and our protector. We can go through this temporal life without any fears, whatsoever, of what is going on around us. We will not concern ourselves with conspiracy theories of this world, but relish in the truth that we are no longer of this would. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment