Sunday, April 2, 2017

April 2, 2017

GENERATIONAL CONSEQUENCES


Luke 1:50

And His mercy is on those who fear Him
From generation to generation.

Encouraging Words

In the Old Testament, we are taught that the sins of the father affect at least three generations. We see this play out today as we observe families dealing with alcoholism and other forms of addiction. It also teaches that the righteousness of the father passes onto thousands of generations. Here in the New Testament, Jesus reminds us that our loving and merciful God will pour out His mercy upon those who fear and respect Him and also pour that mercy out upon generation after generation. The consequences of my choices do not just affect me and those around me, but they can affect many generations after me. That is part of the reason that I choose, daily, to love and strive to follow my Lord. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment