Sunday, February 14, 2021

February 14, 2021

HEMMED IN


Susanna 1:22-23

Then Susanna sighed deeply and said, “I am hemmed in on all sides, for if I do this thing, it is death for me; yet if I do not, I will not escape your hands. But it is better for me not to do it and to fall into your hands, than to sin against the Lord.”

Personal Challenge

Sometimes it feels like life is offering us no win scenarios. In these situations we believe that we have no choice but to take the route that causes us to sin the least. However, as Susanna tells the two men who have trapped her and are pressing her to sin, it is better to stay true to her Lord and trust that He will sort it out. That is a great lesson in the scripture that is unfort­unately left out of many Bibles. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment