Saturday, February 27, 2021

February 26, 2021

SHINE


Matthew 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Personal Challenge

In my earlier years of being a Christian I was often confronted by my reformed brothers and sisters about the things that I did in the church, I would be reminded, often by people who chose not to do these kinds of things, that I I had to be careful to know that none of these things would "earn" my way into heaven. My answer was always," Duh!!" Jesus is how I get into heaven. Jesus is my salvation. Jesus is my all. And if Jesus is that important to me and clearly the one that I owe everything to, then why would I not serve Him in every possible way that I can? The service comes out of thanks and gratitude. It is a way to give back. It is a way to shine the light of God to everyone around us. Is it this teaching that has made it so easy for people to become consumers and not contributors in the church? Is this why we can hardly get people to volunteer to be Sunday school teachers or serve on committees. Jesus died for us, why wouldn't we at least give some of our time to Him in gratitude. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment