Sunday, January 30, 2022

January 27, 2022

PLEASING MEN OR GOD


Galatians 1:10

For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

Personal Challenge

Today's challenge is tough, especially in this modern age where we have social media and a climate of self-service. In all things that I do, I must ask myself the question, "Am I doing what I am doing to please men or to please God?" Sometimes there will be a fine line between the two with this question. Do I have something that is real important to me? Something that I don't want to let go of? If I am pushing that forward and it is not for God's glory and the edification of my neighbor, then I am serving myself. Is there something that I know that I should be doing, or asking those under my authority, to do, but I am choosing to not do it because the backlash will be unpleasant and a hurdle to overcome? If it is the right thing to do in the eyes of God and it is for the good of my neighbor and I choose not to do it, then I am serving or pleasing men and not God. God expects us to serve Him. He wants us to please Him. If we cannot do this regularly then we need to question if we are truly His bondservants. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment