Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016

Pray! Without ceasing!


Judith 8:17 LXX

Therefore, while we await His deliverance, let us call upon Him to help us, and if it pleases Him He will hear our voice.

Personal Challenge

It is one thing to lift up a prayer when a troubling situation happens and hope that the Lord will intervene, but it is an entirely different thing to get into a state of prayer where we are continually praying throughout the situation seeking God's guidance, mercy, and love. All to often I send off that first prayer and then immediately set off on resolving the situation on my own accord. This never works out the way that it would if I would be in constant communication with my Lord. All the more reason to develop a habit and a practice of praying without ceasing. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of god, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment