Monday, August 29, 2016

August 28, 2016

IN THE MORNING...


Psalms 5:3 (5:4 LXX)

In the morning You shall hear my voice;
In the morning I will stand before You,
And I will watch.

Personal Challenge

The psalmist has come to a place in his life where he clearly begins each day, each morning, calling out to his Lord and awaiting His response. My life is so full, so busy, so demanding, that it takes everything that I can do to muster up that extra half hour in the morning to squeeze in my prayer rule and a little bit of scripture or early church fathers study. I am sure that this is not how my Lord intended for our lives to be. I also know that He did not intend for me to sit around and do nothing, letting everyone else around me do all the work that needs to be done. Part of the journey of life, the pursuit of theosis, is learning how to balance life. I must learn, first and foremost, how to be in constant prayer and communion with my Lord. This can be done by embedding the Jesus Prayer, "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner!" into my every thought and action. Then with that as my foundation, I can begin to learn how to balance that which is going on in my life without it taking control of me. We live in busy times, but I can learn to navigate them with a calm and focused pace. Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment