Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012


Philippians 2:12-13

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Personal Challenge...

Christ gave His life for mine. It is His work that makes salvation possible for me. But there is an obligation that goes with the receipt of this free gift; the obligation to work out by salvation. I can no longer just be a consumer of His grace and mercy, going to church each Sunday looking to be fed, entertained and taken care of, without being willing to contribute to the building of His kingdom with my time, my resources, my sacrifices. Salvation becomes a cooperative relationship with my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment