Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012


Philippians 4:11-13

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Personal Challenge...

Contentment: that long sought after prize of every man, woman, and child. We have advertisers, politicians, preachers, and everyone else that you can think of selling us the latest gadget, program, or concept of what will provide us contentment. And here we find Paul giving is the ultimate true answer to contentment. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Contentment is not found in the stuff we accumulate, or the status and achievements that we acquire. It is not found is what I can do or what others can do for me. It is found in trusting Christ, loving God and loving our neighbor, making a choice to let go of how the world does things and letting God be our source...of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment