Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 16, 2012


Luke 9:23-24

Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it."

Personal Challenge...

I am either all in or I am all out...there is no in between. If I choose to receive the salvation of Christ then my life must constantly be changing into His likeness. If it is not, then I am just basking in the glory of His work and am not one of His. This means that I am continually taking up my cross, which God has made unique to me, and bearing it for Him. Why? Because in so doing I am following in the footsteps of Christ, being refined, purified, sanctified by Him and for Him. And I do not just bear my cross for myself, but for those around me so that they may see Christ, just as when Christ was lifted up on His cross it was so that all would see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment