Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27, 2012


Luke 8:16-18

“No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light. For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light. Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.”

Encouraging Words...

I absolutely love it when a precious morsel of God's Word leaps out at me, especially when it is something that I have read over and over. "Therefore take heed how you hear." Jesus placed this statement between two sections on what is seen; the light and the lampstand on one end and what we have been given, which is physical, tangible, and therefore visible on the other end. Why did He do this? He is reminding me to be attentive in my listening and discriminating in my response. According to the notes in my Orthodox Study Bible, "I must not only hear, but hear properly." Is this not the reason I have been given the Holy Spirit? To hear God's spoken Word clearly, to read God's Word precisely, to be constantly changed by God's Word whether I receive it through the worship services and traditions that I participate in or the scriptures I read. In all of these I need to be in the Holy Spirit. In all that I do I must be intential at submitting to the Holy Spirit and His working in my life. Thanks be to God for showing me this short, six word morsel of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment