Thursday, February 14, 2019

February 14, 2019

GUILTY "IN" THE LAWS OF GOD


Daniel 6:5-6

The administrators and governors sought to find some charge against Daniel, but they could find no charge or wrongdoing or fault against him because he was faithful. Then the administrators said, “We will find nothing against Daniel unless we find it in the laws of his God.”

Personal Challenge

This little tidbit about Daniel speaks volumes about who he was and makes me wonder if someone would ever look at my life this way. Unfortunately, I know that I could never rise to the level that Daniel had achieved in his life. So what is the backstory here? Daniel was another one of the young Jewish men that was taken into captivity by King Nebuchadnezzar, given a new name, and merged into the Babylonian empire. However, the king never realized how committed Daniel, and his three friends Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego were to their God, Yahweh. Not only were they committed to their God, but they lived their lives in their new roles in such a way that both glorified their God and honored the ruler that they now lived and served under. Daniel was so faithful to his God and living a godly life, that those in the courts where he was serving the king could find nothing that they could accuse him of to get him out of his position and good graces with the king. The only way that they could find to trap Daniel was to use one of the laws of his God. And this is what they did. Read the rest of the story, you will love it. My prayer is that someday I will be living my life in such a way that I could be seen as a Daniel. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment