Sunday, February 3, 2019

January 31, 2019

HIS SANCTUARY


Ezekiel 37:26-28

I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant, and I will establish My sanctuary in their midst forever. My tabernacle shall be among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them, when My sanctuary is among them forever.

Encouraging Words

In approximately AD 33, our Lord established His sanctuary in the midst of His people. That sanctuary is the Church, the Church universal, that exists still to this day. Even though there have been divisions and splits through the millennia, His church still thrives and permeates His world, His creation. As members of that church, we are a part of His covenant of peace, an everlasting covenant. He continues to sanctify us and to provide us with a sanctuary, His sanctuary. And we know that even the gates of hell cannot prevail against us as we take refuge in this sanctuary. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment