Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 12, 2015

Footsteps that I can follow!


John 5:30

I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

Encouraging Words

Wow! I don't think I have read any other verse that so clearly encapsulates the incarnation of Jesus Christ. Here He is saying that He is fully human because as a human the only way that He can be righteous is to conform His will to the divine will of God. As a human, He had to do this continually. As God in human form, He could have forced His humanity to do this, but then that would not have been Him exercising His human free will. Why is this important? Because if I am commanded to be like Christ and to grow into His image, then I must have a human model whose footsteps I can follow. I too can choose to conform my will to God's and become righteous. I too can choose to be like Christ. I must do this every moment of my life. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment