Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 28, 2015

Forgiveness! A Contributor to Salvation.


Matthew 6:14-15

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Personal Challenge

Well, Lord, I guess you are trying to drive home your point. Contrary to what is often thought, there is more to being forgiven of my sins than just saying a prayer. God wants me to be active in bestowing forgiveness toward people who have offended me so that I can receive His forgiveness. How is this possible? If I am holding back on offering forgiveness then I am also choosing to distance myself from God. As this process continues my true requests for forgiveness become less and less, and therefore so does God's blessing of forgiveness. Definitely something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment