Friday, August 7, 2015

August 4, 2015

He is Still Walking in the Garden Calling My Name


Genesis 3:8-9

Then they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden that afternoon, and Adam and his wife hid themselves within the tree in the middle of the garden from the presence of the Lord God. So the Lord God called Adam and said to him, “Adam, where are you?”

Encouraging Words...

This does not sound like the description of a wrathful, judgmental God to me. God knew that Adam and Eve had sinned. He knew that they had fallen out of their created state and were now living in a fallen, broken world. No! He walked in the garden as He did every other day, seeking to be in communion with them. It was Adam and Eve who had chosen to hide from God, just as I do when I know that I have transgressed against my relationship with Him. And yet, He continues to pursue me and seek to commune with me, His child. Thank You Lord Jesus for making this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment