Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 23, 2016

MY HOPE IS IN HIM


Wisdom of Sirach 34:13-14 LXX

The spirit of those who fear the Lord will live,
For their hope is in Him who saves them.
He who fears the Lord will fear nothing,
And he will not be cowardly, for the Lord is his hope.

Encouraging Words

I know that I have not lived some stellar godly and righteous life, for I know that I am a sinner. And as I grow older, the more I realize tat I am not just a sinner, but as Paul laments, I am the chief of sinners. However, even as low as I am, I have been blessed throughout my life to see the results of fearing and loving God. My spirit truly dies live. I am able to fear nothing and not be cowardly because the Lord whom I fear and live is my hope. I have lost my job, more than once, just to have God restore me. He even restored me once to the experience of a lifetime of being a missionary in Haiti. I have lost loved ones through death, relocation, and even divorce, just to have God restore my relationships tenfold in return. I have been beaten down spiritually, and have seen others oppressed by our enemy, and have watched as our almighty Father came through in inexplicable ways because hearts were stayed on Him. My God, our God is real. He is alive. He does care for His children. And He is my only hope. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment