Sunday, April 24, 2016

April 22, 2016

NO LONGER PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK


Genesis 3:11-13

Thus He said, “Who said you were naked? Have you eaten from the one tree from which I commanded you not to eat?” Then Adam said, “The woman You gave me, gave me of the tree, and I ate.” So the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Personal Challenge

God loves us and cares for us. He still comes looking for us even though we continue to sin and separate ourselves from Him. His ultimate pursuit for us played out in the incarnation of His Son, Jesus. Through Adam, sin entered into the world and it became easy for us to blame everyone and everything else for our sin. Through Jesus, the new Adam, He has provided for us the means by which to own our sin and to give it over to Him for forgiveness and restoration. Through Him, we can develop the ability to say, "No!" to sin and the tempter. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment