Sunday, January 1, 2017

January 1, 2017

PRAISING MY LORD


Psalms 34:1 (33:1 LXX)

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Personal Challenge

Now this is the ultimate New Years' resolution. If I could live my life this year following this one practice of the psalmist, then there would be no need for any other resolutions. Why is that so? In order to truly bless the Lord at all times and to have His praise continually in my mouth then I must have Him on my heart and on my mind, not just occasionally, not just on Sundays, but every moment of every day whether awake or asleep. If this is how I lived my life then all other things that I would like to improve on throughout the year would either come very easily to me or be determined as not really that important. This is probably the reason why so many resolutions go unfulfilled, because the Lord is not in the middle of them. Lord Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner and show me how to bless You at all times, keeping praise for you continually in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment