Tuesday, January 10, 2017

January 10, 2017

WILLINGNESS TO SACRIFICE


2 Samuel 24:24 (2 Kingdoms 24:24 LXX)

Then the king said to Orna, “No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price. I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God with something that costs me nothing.” So David bought the threshing-floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

Personal Challenge

David points out to us here a challenge faces many modern day Christians have become accustomed in our lives to having everything so easy and so instantaneously. But if we are to truly worship our God and glorify Him with our lives, then there will be work and sacrifice involved. David had just been confronted about a sin that he had recently committed. Part of his penance after his confession and repentance was to build an altar to his God and to worship Him there, The owner of the land where David was offered to give him a piece of the land so that David could build the altar. But David refused because be knew that if he took the easy way out and did not sacrifice personally for his God that he would quickly forget his sin and do it again. It is not that God needs or expects us to sacrifice for His gain. He owns everything. The sacrifice is for our own benefit. So, the question to ask is how much am I willing to give up for my God? Is my relationship with Him more valuable than everything in my life? Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment