Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 26, 2017

SEEING WITH SPIRITUAL EYES


2 Kings 6:16

So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are greater in number than those who are with them.”

Encouraging Words

I have always loved this story in the old testament. Elisha, a prophet of God, and his servant have been pursued by the Syrian army. When his servant looks out of the place of refuge that they have been staying at he sees thousands of soldiers surrounding them and calls out to Elisha in fear and trepidation. Elisha responds with this statement. Elisha sees his world, the servant's world, our world through different eyes, spiritual eyes. What Elisha sees is a host of heavenly soldiers that far outnumbers the physical soldiers. His eyes have been opened to the realm that surrounds us all every moment of every day. My desire in life is to be able to live my life in such a way that my eyes are opened as Elisha's were, to be able to see, and hear, and smell, and touch the spiritual realm around me. This is part of the destination through the journey through life towards theosis. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have Mercy on me, the sinner for I do deserve to be called, a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment