Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January 29, 2017

DO NOT BE ENVIOUS...


Psalms 37:7 (36:7 LXX)

Submit to the Lord, and supplicate Him;
Do not be envious of him who prospers in his way,
Nor of him who transgresses the law.

Personal Challenge

If I live my life with my heart and mind constantly focused on my Lord, then my eyes will not be focused on those around me. It is when I take my eyes off of my Lord, such as Peter did when he was walking on the water to meet his Lord, that I begin to sink into the inclination to be envious of my brothers and sisters around me, There is truly a reason why others in my life are prosperous in their ways or who seem to go through life transgressing against our God and get away with it, but as this verse says, that is none of my business. My own heart, my own mind, and my own actions and thoughts are my responsibility and the consequences of what I do, or don't do, are mine to bear. If I am truly submitting to my Lord and supplicating Him to be the Lord of my life, then I will stay focused on Him and strive to be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment