Thursday, January 26, 2017

January 25, 2017

SOLITARY TIME


Mark 1:35

Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.

Personal Challenge

Here we have the example of Jesus taking time out to do what was most important to Him, isolating Himself from the busy-ness of life and spending time with His Father in meditation and prayer. How can this be? He was fully God and fully man, If He was fully God was He not always in fellowship and communion with the Father? Yes, He was! Then why the need to go off to a solitary place and pay? Because Jesus was also fully man, and that man lived in a fallen world, Jesus still needed to discipline His body to yield to His spirit. Jesus dwells within us when we receive Him and are anointed with the holy oil through our baptism and Chrismation. However, we still have a fleshly body that lives in a fallen world and is driven by the free will that God has created us with. We need these times alone with God in order to commune and fellowship with Him. I regret that I have allowed, and often create, so much busy-ness in my life that I do not spend this kind of time with my Father. I need to make this a priority in my life. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment