Friday, January 6, 2017

January 6, 2017

A MAN AFTER GOD'S HEART


2 Kingdoms 22:2-3 (2 Samuel 22:2-3 LXX)

And he sang: "O Lord, my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God will be my guardian, in whom I will trust;
My defender and the horn of my salvation,
My protector and the refuge of my salvation;
You will save me from unrighteousness."

Encouraging Words

David was referred to as a man after God's own heart. This passage gives us a glimpse into David's heart and mind and how he viewed his God. An attempt by King Saul to kill David had just been averted as well as he was just delivered from an attack by his enemies. And this was David's response. He attributed all of this to the work of God. He lived his life in a way such that he believed that everything good that happened to him came from the hand of his God. He saw God as his rock, his fortress, and his deliverer. He ran to God as his guardian in whom he put all of his trust. He even saw his God as the only way that he would be protected from his own unrighteousness. Maybe this is why he was called out as a man after God's own heart. Surely, this is a way of life to be emulated. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment