Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 24, 2017

HOPE, WORK, DWELL, DELIGHT


Psalms 37:3-5 (36:3-5 LXX)

Hope in the Lord, and work goodness;
Dwell in the land, and you shall be nurtured by its riches.
Delight in the Lord,
And He will give you the requests of your heart.
Reveal your way to the Lord,
And hope in Him; and He will do it.

Commands with Promise


Sometimes we are given things to do in the scriptures that also tell us what we can expect to see God do if we are obedient. If we put our hope in our Lord, and through that hope permeating us to the point where the things that we do are His works of goodness, all the while doing this in the land that He has given us to dwell in, then we will be nurtured by the riches of that land. This nurturing by the riches of the land does not necessarily mean wealth and prosperity. It may mean peace and joy in our lives. It may mean that our basic needs are being met by God taking care of us. The psalmist goes on. If we put our delight in the Lord, then He will give us the requests of hearts. Once again, though, if I am truly centered and focused on Him then my requests will be for those things that He would want me to have. Finally, if I reveal my desires, my hopes, my wants to Him, then He will guide me on my journey through life to be more like His son. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment