Friday, November 23, 2012

November 23, 2012

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self- control. Against such there is no law.

Encouraging Words...

I am so thankful that I was able to grow up in a rural farming culture. It was hard work at times but it has given me insights and understanding in the scriptures that are invaluable. A tree does not give off any fruit other than what is imbedded in its genetic structure. This passage is a promise that if I have the Holy Spirit dwelling within me then this fruit will be forthcoming in my life. The degree or magnitude of the harvest is dependent upon how I take care of myself (my thoughts, my desires, my actions) but in all cases the Holy Spirit provides my genetic capability for this fruit to be present. How is my garden growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment