Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015

Help me in my unbelief!


Hebrews 11:8

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to the place which he would receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.

Personal Challenge

I have to ask myself, "Would I be willing to pull up roots and go to some unknown place if God told me to?" I want to say, "Yes!", but I find myself coming up with all kinds of counter-questions that I would be challenging God with if this occurred. He wants all of me so that I would be willing to do this without any hesitancy. It is not only my willingness to go where He would want me to go that God desires. AM I willing to do what He asks me to do? Am I willing to do that task at church, or at work, or at home, that no one else wants to do? Am I willing to befriend that person that is uncomely or that just pushes all of my buttons? Am I willing to go the extra mile, or give up my coat, or whatever else He asks of me? All of these acts require just as much faith as it took Abraham to move. Once again, I find myself like the father who asked Jesus to heal his son, saying, "I believe, help me in my unbelief!" Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!


No comments:

Post a Comment