Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25, 2013


Psalm 10:17-18 (9:38-39 LXX)

The Lord hears the desire of the poor;
Your ear heeds the readiness of their heart,
To judge the orphan and the humble,
That man may no longer increase his great boasting upon the earth.

Personal Challenge...

Our Lord cares deeply for the poor, the orphan, the widow, and the downcast. He understands their pain because He grieves with them in their condition. I too must care deeply for those in need around me and humble myself before them and my God, because circumstances could turn at any time and I could be joining the ranks of those in need. Once again, a company that I work for has made the decision to let go of a significant number of their staff (over 450 in this case) and now these people, people with families, with bills to pay, with hopes and dreams, are in that state of uncertainty in their lives. For them I lift up the prayer, "Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!" For me I ask that I be constantly reminded by my Lord to be loving and caring, humble and respectful toward those whom He has placed in my life, and to be only dependent upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment