Saturday, September 12, 2015

September 11, 2015

Loving even while I suffer


1 Peter 2:19-20

For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.

Personal Challenge

The life that Jesus calls me to live is so much different than what the world calls me to live. The world calls me to live my life with me as the center of the universe with everything revolving around me. Living this way sets me up to expect that everyone else treat me nicely, especially when I do nice things. Therefore, I do nice things so that I get rewarded and honored. Jesus, however, showed me that God and others should be the center of my universe and that I should live my life loving them. From this love will flow acts of love and kindness expecting nothing in return. But what if I suffer for doing these good things? Then I should take the suffering patiently as Jesus did knowing that this too is an act of love. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment