Tuesday, September 8, 2015

September 8, 2015

Silence is Golden


Romans 14:12-13

So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way.

Personal Challenge

How can I become a stumbling block or a cause to fall in my brother's life? One very easy way is to judge them for their beliefs or life practices. Another is to be so vocal about my beliefs or life practices so as to misrepresent my Lord. Whether it be my position on politics or the people in politics, the church or the people in the church, my opinions on our society or the people in our society, if my voice on these things is so loud and strong that it makes others believe that my personal opinion is what Jesus teaches, then I have professed a false gospel and caused my brother to stumble and to fall. The only message that both my words and my actions should be proclaiming is the love of God for His creation and the work of Christ to redeem us from our sin and death. Everything else should be kept silent and personal. No wonder so many early church fathers and saints of the desert encourage silence over speaking. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment