Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015

Close, but still far away.


Psalm 73:26-27 (72:26-27 LXX)

My heart and my flesh fail,
O God of my heart; and God is my portion forever.
For behold, those who keep themselves far away from You shall perish;
You destroy away from You all who act unfaithfully.

Personal Challenge

Is it possible to be near to God and yet far from Him at the same time? I believe it is. It is possible to know much about God, His kingdom, His Church, and yet not embrace what we know about Him and let it change our lives. This is the difference between knowledge and wisdom. For if I really "know" God, I will be less worldly and more godly. If Wisdom has permeated my heart and mind then I will be humble before my God and fellow man and live my life in a spirit of love. If my heart of flesh has been replaced with the heart that only God can put in me then I will cease living a life of this world and live a life for Christ. Glory be to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment